No, it’s not a new post, but one is on the way!
This post is to acknowledge the FIVE nominations I received for the Sunshine Blogger award. OMG, guys, I seriously don’t know what to say, other than THANK YOU! I know I’m not the funniest blogger out there, and my sims don’t have as much character as some others, so I’m so so glad that you like them.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
Questions (strap in, there are lots):
1. Hi, how are you?
Run off my feet with work and uni, but doing pretty well, considering 🙂
2. I’ve had the misfortune of having Avril Lavigne’s “Hello Kitty” stuck in my head for the last three days. Has a certain catchy tune been on your mind lately?
I’ve been binge watching the Olympics a lot (such a sports nut), so the Olympic theme song is always on. It’s not brilliant, which makes it even more annoying when it gets stuck in your head.
3. If you could only eat one meal, three times a day, for the rest of your life (cost and calories not an issue) what would it be?
…tough one. Probably spaghetti/pasta bolognaise. It’s my absolute favourite pasta dish, and I never get tired of it.
4. Is there one thing you wish you could go back and change in your Sim challenge/story/legacy?
Hmm, not really. Certain things in my ISBI haven’t gone the way I’d have liked them to, but that’s the nature of the challenge.
5. What tv show have you recently binge-watched or what book have you recently blazed through?
I have been blazing through the Chess Team series by Jeremy Robinson. And been binge (re-)watching Greys Anatomy – just started S10 last night.
6. Go anywhere fun over the summer? (Staying home can count as fun.)
Here down under we’re coming to the end of winter, so no long break 🙂 Planning a holiday for when it’s a bit warmer, though.
7. Is there a new game/show/movie/book you’re really looking forward to this year or the next? If so, what is it?
8. If you had a chance to instantly learn any language in the world and speak/understand it fluently, what would it be?
It’s a cliche, but I would love to learn Spanish. My dad is Chilean, and his half of the family all speak it fluently. I know a lot of words – mostly food and numbers – but I’d love to be about to form proper sentences.
9. Right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous? (Where my lefties at?)
Right-handed, left-eye dominant, ambidextrous with kicking a soccer/football 😀
10. Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? (Read: Umbra got lazy and is quoting lyrics from a Carpenters song…she’s also referring to herself in the third person. What a moron.)
My pockets are full of bread!
11. And finally, for you crazy kids and your Pokemans: Mystic, Valor, Instinct, or ‘forget that, the real question is Sun or Moon’?
Mystic! Probably Moon, though I haven’t played a new game since Black & White.
1. Who or what inspired you to start writing a Sims blog?
A combination of reading the Chimeree legacy and the lovely responses I received from my comments on other people’s blogs. I wanted to be part of the Sims community and share my game.
2. Do you have a favorite townie in any of the games? If so, why are they your favorite?
Not really, I don’t often play the townies.
3. What’s your favorite song (or songs) at the moment?
Loving Delta Goodrem’s Enough. She has such an amazing voice, and is absolutely gorgeous.
4. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
Tie between Mulan and Aladdin. I love the songs in both, and the storylines – neither has helpless princesses!
5. What is/was your favorite subject in school? Why?
Science, probably because I had a couple of brilliant teachers who made learning great fun.
6. If you could live inside of the world of any fandom, which would you choose?
Interesting question… I haven’t experienced all that many fandoms, but maybe Glee? They aren’t afraid to make fun of themselves, and they’re very open to different ‘ships.
7. If you could be any life state from TS3, which would you want to be?
Witch, definitely. Being able to clean the entire house with a wave of my wand would be amazing!
8. Which Olympic sport do you enjoy watching the most?
Artistic gymnastics! The USA girls are amazing.
9. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person?
Dog person, definitely.
10. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
They can both create murders 😉
meg’s questions (sorry, skipping the story question, it’s way too late for that):
2. What is the strangest dream you can remember?
I don’t often remember dreams, but there was one about two competing camp groups who ended up banding together to escape a murderous camp supervisor – who was the father of one of the campers and killed his son after they lost a game of water polo.
3. If you could live inside a video game as an NPC, which would you choose?
I don’t really play any video games other than Sims/Pokemon, so I guess Sims. NPCs in Pokemon have no life.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I’m Grammar Nazi, so I really hate grammar errors like your/you’re and their/they’re. Also extra apostrophes in plurals!
5. If you had to choose anyone (alive or deceased) to be your roommate, who would you choose?
Robert Downey Jr. Pretty and funny 😀
6. What is the last book that you read?
I finished Karin Slaughter’s Fallen yesterday 🙂
7. If the main character from the last TV show you watched tried to kill you, would they succeed?
The last show I watched was Grey’s Anatomy, which has about 10 MCs, so probably, by sheer weight of numbers.
8. What is something (book, movie, game, etc.) that you will never get bored of?
Harry Potter series. Or the Newsflesh series.
9. If you could have a home built in any style, which would you choose?
I’m not really familiar with housing ‘styles’, but I do like the modern look, so let’s go with that.
10. If you could only listen to one musician for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
Gawd… either Kelly Clarkson or Good Charlotte. This week, at least.
11. What do you enjoy most about this community?
How encouraging and open everyone is, no exclusive cliques here (outside of MATY, that is ;))
1. If you could live in the universe your stories take place in/ that your sims live in, would you?
Nope. I like my townies to have their own dreams and free will.
2. What’s your dream job (one that actually exists in the real world)?
I have no clue, it changes week to week. I like what I do now well enough, but it’s not really my dream.
3. What’s your favorite song, or your favorite band/singer?
See above questions, current fave song and fave artist are both there.
4. What’s your writing process? Do you do anything unusual or funny while writing or to come up with ideas?
No, but I do have to be in a mood to write, otherwise the words won’t flow.
5. Any funny or weird facts about yourself or someone you know? If you can’t think of anything, put a quote or a picture of a cute animal here.
I have webbed toes. My second and third toes are connected with skin, right up to the toenail.
6. If you could live anywhere for the rest of your life, whether it’s real or not, where would you go?
I absolutely love Venice and New York. Either of those will do 🙂
Or a world where Hogwarts is real, that would be awesome.
7. Favorite quote? If you don’t have one or can’t think of anything, put whatever you want in this space.
“He who dies with the most toys is…nonetheless, still dead.”
“Whoever said nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.”
8. Is there a movie or book character you’d like to become (it’d be permanent)? If so, who?
Iron Man! Or any of the kids in Gryffindor 😛
9. Do you have any pet peeves? Is there something in particular that annoys you?
See above, regarding Grammar Nazi.
10. How did you get into writing your blog, or writing in general?
I used to write fan fiction in my teens and early 20s, but work and uni sucked a lot of the imagination out of me. So now I need the pictures to help me tell a story.
11. If you could be the best in the world at one thing (such as playing a specific instrument, playing a specific sport, or painting), what would you pick?
I’d prefer to be good at a bunch of things, too much of one thing isn’t good for the soul. …nope, can’t think of just one thing I’d like to be the best at.
1. Red or Blue?
Jedi or Sith?
Red! And Jedi 😛
2. You open a book and are whisked away to the world of your dreams. What book is it?
Harry Potter, of course 😀
3. You have to pick one to play for the rest of your life. Sims 1, 2, 3, or 4?
4. Who’s your favorite character from your blog?
Hmm, tough choice, I love all my heirs so much. Probably Cosette or Seaweed. They are both such great character.
5. Old Ghostbusters or New Ghostbusters?
Not seen either, but the trailer for the new one looks terrible, so I’ll pick the Old.
6. What time does the Narwhal bacon?
7. What is your ideal day of relaxation?
Sleep in, have the entire day to myself, no-one else around, so I can read and play sims and watch movies.
8. What is the funniest or scariest glitch you’ve seen in-game?
I consistently have the stretchy demon toddler glitch when a parent reads the toddler to sleep. It’s terrifying. And strange, because I have legit copies of all the games, so not sure why that one animation doesn’t work.
Another scary/annoying glitch was the one where a female child wouldn’t age up, then reset as a face one. Happened in both this blog and my WYDC. It’s the reason I always save every sim to the bin after each age makeover.
9. Who was your blog sensei?
AKA Who influenced you to start a sims blog?
Heather of the Zale ISBI, she was my first friend in this community and was so encouraging in the beginning.
10. Do you know who Llandros is?
No…but now I have to Google!
11. What’s one thing you wish EA would come back and fix in The Sims 3?
The instability. Is it that hard to make a game with fewer bugs???
Nominations – I don’t want to double/triple up on other people’s nominations, so only have a few:
- Scatterday Matriarchy by Emily Whalers
- Moonwisp Chronicles by Voguishstorm
- Colorful Insanity by crazyleo
- Ultimate Rainbowcy by SgtSunflower
- Zale ISBI by Heather
- Berries of Insanity by Chazy
- Insanity Family by MichelleLynn
- What habit do you have that you would really like to break?
- Marvel or DC?
- What wild animal would you like to have for a pet? Why?
- Favourite guilty pleasure?
- If you could mash up two movies together, which would they be?
- Do you play mobile games? If so, what’s your favourite and why?
- If you could win an Olympic medal, what sport would it be for?
- Favourite movie villain?
- Would you prefer to pay for a game upfront, or pay to unlock areas/content later?
- Vanilla or chocolate?
- Who is your least favourite sim in your story/legacy/challenge?