It’s been a while since we’ve had one of these awards go around, and though I haven’t had much time to play lately, I figured I could spend 10 minutes answering some questions. Always love getting to know fellow bloggers. And I adore the new pic!
The Rules of Being Leibstered
I think we’re all well aware of this song-and-dance routine at this point, but for any newcomers out there, here’s the lay of the land.
The Liebster Award is for bloggers by bloggers. It’s a way to encourage your fellow bloggers, as well as draw more attention to blogs you think deserve it. Think of it as spreading the love. But there’s a few rules to spread that love in the most organized manner possible.
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
- Nominate people (comment on their blog to let them know).
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
- What is love?
Love means you’ll always be there for them, no matter what. It means you look past the little squabbles and see them for who they are – and you appreciate them for everything they are, not just what you like about them.
- What thing from the sims world (any game) would you like to be real?
Jetpacks. ‘Nuf said.
- Who was the first Sim you ever created?
I’m not really a huge creator of sims, so probably Isaiah Bowrain, found of my first real legacy attempt – it was a rainbowacy that was abandoned in the 7th generation.
- What is your favorite flavor of chips?
Salt & Vinegar, though I’m not a huge fan of chips
- What was the reason you decided to write a blog about what goes on in your game?
I was reading a bunch of other blogs, and got drawn into the community – then realised it might be easier to complete a challenge if I was sharing it. For this Epic, specifically, I hadn’t seen many blogs for it, and wanted to spice up a normal legacy challenge.
- Would you rather face an ice age or all volcanoes on the planet erupting at once?
I feel like humanity might survive an ice age easier, so we’ll go with that. Plus, I prefer the cold to heat.
- How many slices of pizzas can you eat in one sitting?
I think Australian pizza slices are a tad smaller than American ones, but I have gone through an entire pizza (eight slices) on a couple of occasions
- If you found a genie’s lamp and had three wishes, what would they be?
Hmm, tough question. I could go the cliche route and wish for world peace, but something tells me that any peace would be temporary.
Think maybe I’d go the Sims route and wish for love, fortune, and freeing the genie 😛
- If it was only one wish and it had to be about changing something about your feet, what would it be?
Fix my toes/toenails! They’re short and stubby and ugly. I’d love to be able to wear toenail polish, but (other than the big toe) the nails are all so tiny it’s useless.
- Would you describe yourself as a potato?
To some extent, yes. So very versatile… and on occasion like to sit on the couch
- Who is your favorite Pokémon? If you don’t like Pokémon, why don’t you?
Houndoom. Gen 2 was my favourite generation (those were the only games I owned as actual gameboy ones). The fire/dark puppy is one of the best Pokemon I’ve ever played with.
- What’s your favorite beverage?
Is water a cliche? I pretty much only drink water, juice and Pepsi Max (not regular). Don’t really have a favourite, so we’ll go with the most frequently consumed
- Do you write characters that share your viewpoints or clash? In-between?
If every one of my simmies shared my views, they would all be so similar, it would get really boring really quickly. That said, I would find it very difficult to write anyone as racist/sexist/homophobic, so I guess all my characters will be tolerant in those respects
- One word: ALIENS! What do you think?
Guardians of the Galaxy (both volumes) are my favourite movies ever. Absolutely intelligent life exists on other planets!
- To you, what is the best sounding word? What about the worst?
…I have never thought about how words sound on their own. Together in sentences, yes, but not alone. I like onomatopoeic words, that sound like what they describe – eg squish.
- Put your rebel cap on. What’s the worst thing you’ve done that you’ve gotten a thrill out of?
It’s not really that rebellious, but I have called in sick at work when I wasn’t (honoured tradition of Australians, called ‘pulling a sickie’). Enjoyed myself immensely by going to the shopping centre a block away from work – the risk of getting caught was thrilling
- You’ve had your fun, but now the psychic police are coming! What do you do?!
Talk my way out of it. I’ll logic you to death, and you won’t even know if I’m lying
- Do you know your personality type? If so, care to share?
I assume you mean Myers-Briggs? I swing between ISTJ and INTJ, depending on the situation. Indeed, in the online test I just took (for reasearch!), the N was only 6% above S. Everything else was 40% or higher.
- Blue. Red. Green. What’s the first thing you think of?
- What was/is your most hated school subject? Why?
Art. I just don’t have the visual creativity. Writing/cooking/sewing, I can do. Painting/sculpting, nope.
- You’ve got to leave to someplace faraway for some reason or another. You’ve got 10 minutes to pack one bag. What do you take?
Phone. Kindle. Laptop. Headphones. Wallet. Oh right, maybe some clothes?
- You’re about to die and need to pass on some grain of knowledge for future generations. What do you say?
Don’t let anyone tell you who you should be. Look inside yourself and find who you are.
My Nominees – I won’t go with 11, because a bunch have already been nominated. But here are a couple out of the box.
- Jesslb429 – Zane OWBC/Legacy
- Jenn – A Small ISBI (among so many challenges + legacies)
- ChazzyBazzy – Berries of Insanity
- What’s your dream job?
- What Sims EP would you like to see? Maybe one from another iteration (ie. TS2 to TS3)?
- If you had to choose one album to listen to for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Favourite movie genre?
- Do you own any digital subscriptions (Netflix/Spotify etc)?
- Assuming the answer to #5 is yes, what do you like about it? If no, what don’t you like about subscriptions?
- Favourite Disney movie? Or any kids’ movie if Disney isn’t your thing.
- Favourite non-Sim game?
- Android or Apple?
- Since we’re opening cans of worms; laptop or desktop?
- I liked this one of Fluffymao’s, so – what’s your Myers-Briggs personality type?