Because I know you’re all dying to learn more about me. Or at least, that’s what I tell myself when I want to feel important 😛
Found that I missed TinyPiglet’s Leibster nomination, so here are those questions.
- If you could bring one of your Sims to life who would you choose and why?
Hmm, good question. Any of the occults would be fun…if only so that there are really fairies/mermaids/werewolves in the world. I did really enjoy playing with Cosette, she was the first sim I played through World Adventures with, and so I feel like she could be an amazing travel buddy.
- Chinese or Indian?
I’m guessing/hoping we’re talking about food; I pick Indian. People/culture can go either way, depends on the individual.
- What made you choose your legacy/challenge style and which is your favourite?
I prefer observational, mainly because I suck at creating characters and voices (in general, not just for my sims). I prefer to read observational ones, too, just because the story ones can often get so bogged down with poses and drama and I prefer to enjoy sims as a game, not a storybox.
- Britain’s Got Talent has just finished here in the UK. Do you have any talents?
I have a pretty decent memory, rarely forget things…unless of course, it’s important stuff like uni notes. Still working on how I can get stuff to stick in my memory bank.
- Of all the traits featured in the Sims games which one would you say suits you best?
Bookworm. ‘Nuf said.
- If you had a million (in your own currency) what would you do with it?
It’s a totally boring answer, but I’d invest most of it. Couldn’t buy a house in my city with that much, so may as well put it into shares or something. But I would buy some fun things, a holiday and maybe a new car.
- What is your favourite Pokemon?
Houndoom! I love the fire puppy!
- What book are you reading at the moment?
Reading 3 simultaneously, actually: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, The Stone Monkey by Jeffrey Deaver and Lean In by Sheryl Sandeburg.
- Game of Thrones starts in July, so exicted! So with that in mind Stark, Lannister, Targaryen or Baratheon?
I want to say Targaryen, because I love the idea of dragons. But my personality is probably more Stark.
- Biscuits or Cake?
Bikkies (Australian slang)! So much easier to stop after 1.
- And finally, What would be your perfect day and who would you share it with?
A day with no responsibilities or things to do, where I could wake up late, eat whatever I wanted and do nothing of importance. Sharing with no-one but my dog, because that’s how my Loner self likes it 🙂
And two sets of questions from DSLady – because I am like her, and I love answering questions!
Sunshine Blogger Questions:
- How tall are you?
Since I’m Australian and we use metric, I know I’m 173cm. I think that translates to around 5’8″
- Are you a morning person?
Yes and no. If I have to be up early, I will get up, and be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed straight away. But if I can sleep in, I will! Though only to around 9-10, then my internal alarm goes off.
- If you could dye your hair any colour, which would you go? If none, why not?
I like my dark hair as it is, it’s got a great depth of colour already; mainly very dark brown/black, with red highlights in the sun.
Though I have always harboured a fantasy of dying just the tips a bright colour, like neon pink. Just for funsies.
- Sunrise or Sunset?
Sunset! So many more pretty colours.
- Are you in the Minion hateclub or fanclub?
Before I read this question (and Sam’s response), I didn’t actually realise there was a Minion hateclub. I loved the Minions in the Despicable Me movies, though do think that their own Minion movie was probably overkill.
- What’s your Hogwarts house and why?
Ravenclaw, so say all the online tests. I value knowledge too much to be anything else. Then again, I have been called a “know-it-all” numerous times, and have been compared to Hermione, so maybe I’d fit into Gryffindor too?
Ilvermorny house is Horned Serpent as per Pottermore, though some of the other quizes have me as Thunderbird. I guess I might have had the choice of carving? Definitely a scholar, though.
- Are you good at public speaking?
No, I hate it. To the extent that in high school/uni when I had to present, I would take off my glasses and let the audience go fuzzy, to help with the nerves.
- Tell us about your favourite book.
Other than Harry Potter, my favourite series is the “Newsflesh” series by Mira Grant. It’s about a world 20 years after the zombie uprising, and follows a trio of blog journalists who are following a presidential campaign. I love it because it’s not your standard “OMG Zombies” book – it’s more about how life goes on, post apocalypse, and how humans learn to live with the threat of being eaten.
- Favourite pizza topping?
Ham & pineapple.
- Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
Yes, very similar…depressingly so, in some respects. Though I have just finished my degree this June, so now I can look for a new job, and then move out of home!
- What is your favourite season?
Winter! Jeans and knits and boots! Plus, it’s soccer season!
- How often do you listen to music?
Pretty much all the time, unless I’m watching a movie/TV show. Right this second I’m listening to the La La Land soundtrack on Spotify.
- What kind of music you like? Share a song if you want!
I mostly listen to pop and punk (and pop punk) music. Though also very much in love with soundtracks and musicals. La La Land and Guardians of the Galaxy are my current favourite soundtracks; have a song (with dance number, because it’s awesome)
- Do you have/want tattoos? Describe them!
Nope and nope. I change my mind far too often, something I want/like this year is very unlikely to be loved the same next year, or in five years’ time. So I play it safe and stay away from the permanent ink.
- Have you read/watched LOTR? Do you like it or think it’s too long and boring?
Yes, watched the movies recently, and tried to read the books when I was a teenager. The movies are pretty well done, though definitely could have been cut into shorter movies to be more accessible. The books…well, I never finished the first, does that explain things? Way too long. Though I have recently gotten into reading more fantasy, so I might give them another try sometime.
- Thoughts on children?
Love them! Definitely would love them in my future sometime…though may have to work on a partner first.
Do you like where you’re from?
Yes, love it! Especially the weather; enough variability not to be boring, but never extreme hot or cold.
- Favourite expansion pack?
Generations, though Seasons and World Adventures are close runners up. G+S for the realism they add to the gameplay. WA just because it’s great fun.
- What’s your favourite series? (books, tv show, or movies?)
Books: Harry Potter, Newsflesh (see Q8 in the sunshine questions)
TV Shows: CSI (the original), Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds, iZombie
Movies: Guardians of the Galaxy, and most of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies (to varying degrees). Walk the Line, La La Land, and all the HP movies.
- What’s your favourite game? (Other than sims!)
I’m not a big computer/video game person, though play a bunch of games on my phone. Current favourites include Fallout Shelter, Adventure Capitalist and Tiny Tower
- What’s your favourite thing to do on lazy days where you have 0 obligations?
In winter: have a movie marathon
In summer: lie in the sun and read
- What is your current desktop picture?
I take advantage of the Windows feature that allows a slideshow of backgrounds, so it changes every hour. At the moment, most of the backgrounds are along these lines:
Yeah, I’m a bit obsessed with Guardians of the Galaxy, Gamora and the Peter/Gamora relationship in particular.
So that’s it! I’ll nominate a couple of people, just because I like reading about everyone! Only 11 questions from me, though.
- What’s your favourite movie?
- Have you ever broken a bone? If yes, which and how?
- What would be your dream car? How about the car you own now (assuming it’s not your dream one)?
- Do you like wearing jewellery? Any specific type (rings/necklaces/etc)?
- Favourite candy/chocolate bar?
- What special power would you put in your own Iron Man suit?
- Which side of the bed do you prefer?
- How do you normally sleep; back/stomach/side?
- Do you have names picked out for future children? What are they?
- Have you been bitten by the travel bug?
- Favourite place you’ve been?