umbramuse (Stephanie) nominated me for this award, which amazing!
EDIT: after posting this last night, I found out this morning that I had two more nominations, wow! Thanks to ica and ixot for their additional nominations. You guys make me feel so loved ❤
The award is to help bloggers with under 3,000 followers to, well, get some new ones (hopefully). Really great idea to help us spread the word about awesome blogs we’ve found.
The Official Rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Zale ISBI by Heather; this is the longest legacy I’ve read, and it just keeps getting more awesome as the generations go by. Heather was one of the first sim bloggers to make me feel like I was part of the community, and I’ll always be grateful to her.
Cabernet ISBI by loralie0512; a berry ISBI that is hilarious and great fun to read.
The Simple Life by autumnrein; a cool new legacy idea that is hilarious, since it’s written by the amazing Tam 🙂
The Moustachy ISBI by Malin; hilarious with a unique theme and some amazingly non-Face One genetics.
Through the Plumbob by zefiewings; the creator and writer of the Cultracy, where each generation revolves around a different culture. Also the creator of the Backwards ISBI, which I have just started playing myself.
Wishing for the Ether by Pink; a wishacy with Heather’s simself as the founder. Has all the things we have come to love from Pink’s legacies – insane numbers of children and randomness from the heirs.
Kanto Legacy by earthqueenami; a casual Pokemon-themed legacy that has produced some really cool genetics.
Insanity Family by MichelleLynn01; the first Backwards ISBI I read that made it past the first generation. Love these Kooky guys 🙂
Mendeleev Legacy and ISBI by ozziedoggirl; a legacy and now ISBI that is attempting to make it through the entire periodic table – yes, every child is named after an element. Europium is the latest TH.
Questions Asked by my Nominator (umbramuse):
1. To be or not to be? The answer is 42.
2. Okay, let’s get serious. Why did you decide to write a sim legacy/challenge/story/clusterf**k? I had read so many awesome legacies and challenges, and my own playing was becoming kind of boring, so I figured blogging about it might help me focus; challenge accomplished!
3. Do you have a favorite sim from your challenge/legacy family? It’s okay, the others don’t have to know. Fiyero, my gen 3 heir – he did so much with his life, seemed he lived for way longer than he actually did. Plus, he was insane, so his outfits always made me smile.
4. Are you the only Simmer in your family? If so, do they think you’re totally crazy for bossing around a bunch of little pixels? Yes and no. My little sister loves the Sims, but she hasn’t played TS3, now too busy with her social life. Most of the rest of the family don’t know how much I play. Shh, it’s a secret!
5. What’s your favorite Sims 3 expansion and why? Generations. Despite the annoyance of the Read to Sleep cycle, I love all the additional activities and animations, especially for the kids and teens.
6. What do you love the most about the Sims 3 (or the Sims 4), besides sating that god complex? The open world. I love being able to take my sims around the world, collecting and jogging and going on family outings. And I also love being able to watch other sims live their crazy little lives in the public sphere.
7. Would you rather Nick Alto, Gunther Goth, or Geoffrey Landgraab? For any lady lovers: Vita Alto, Cornelia Goth, or Nancy Landgraab. I’m ashamed to say I haven’t played with any of them that much, but Geoffrey is probably the cutest, and has the nicest traits.
8. Favorite world? Custom, store, or EP are all acceptable. Hmm… I like so many worlds, for different reasons. Sunlit Tides has amazing lighting and scenery. Egypt is also gorgeous, while Moonlight Falls has some very cool characters. Just started playing in Midnight Hollow, which is great fun, too!
9. Are there any other video games you enjoy playing? Do mobile games count? I’m addicted to Plants vs Zombies 2, and Another Case Solved on my phone. Don’t really play many other games.
10. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to? Pop, mainly, though I also love Musical Theatre and some kinds of Rock.
11. And finally the most important question of all: Coke or Pepsi? Admission that Dr. Pepper is the one true soda is also acceptable. Whichever is available. I prefer the taste of Pepsi Max, but in Australia more places sell Coke, so I’ll drink Coke Zero then.
Questions from ixot:
1. Have you had a hobby/interest that you have completely given up nowadays? What and why?
Yes, writing, specifically fan fiction writing. In high school and the early years of university, I got very involved in a number of fan communities for various TV shows, and wrote a significant amount of fan fiction around the characters. When I lost interest in the most recent one (Glee), I just didn’t feel like writing any more. Between working full time and university part time, I barely have time for relaxing stuff (of which Simming is very important!), and have no ideas or desire to write. Who knows, this might change when I (finally) finish university next year.
2. If you and your family or your friends were to go on an outing nearby, where would you go and what would you do? If you went alone, would you go to the same places or do something completely different?
Most of my outings are to do with sport or eating, since I’m mostly content with staying home. When we go out to dinner, my family like to try new places that family/friends have recommended. And I love going out to watch the national and profession leagues – mostly soccer (football for the Europeans reading).
3. Best memory of something you and a sibling/cousin or a friend did when you were kids?
Good question… I think I need TS3 memories, because mine are disturbingly blank at the moment. I remember painting our playroom (loft above the garage) with Disney characters; there was lots of debate between my sisters and I over which characters would be used, and where.
4. Most useful mod and most useful setting you use while playing TS3? If you don’t use mods, why? WHY!???
nraas ErrorTrap/Overwatch, hands down. I have read so many horror stories about game crashes and such, yet can count on one hand the number of crashes I have experienced, and I put a lot of it down to these two mods.
5. What’s your favourite perfume, and if you don’t use perfume, favourite lotion/soap or favourite natural smell.
I don’t use perfume a lot, but the one I do use is CK Shock. My favourite natural smell is vanilla – nothing flowery or sweet.
6. What’s your least favourite household task to do, and what don’t you mind as much?
I don’t mind washing/sorting laundry. Due to my severe hayfever, I can’t do much cleaning, especially vacuuming and dusting, sends me into sneezing fits.
7. If you were to learn something you know very little about, what would you most like to learn?
Would love to learn how to speak a second language. My father was born in Chile, and speaks fluent Spanish, and I’ve always envied his ability to switch (seemingly) effortlessly from one to another.
8. What kind of (non-existing) expansion would you want the most from EA?
I’ve been thinking about this question since I asked the same question of my own nominees last night…and still haven’t put my finger on an entire EP. I would like some more sporty things, like kids have sport on weekends, and more than two sims can play soccer/basketball/whatever sport together. Would also like a slightly darker element, though can’t figure out how to do that, my Evil sims just seem so tame. Ooh, and a foresty/snowy vacation spot, like in TS2 and TS4. Would love to have my simmies go skiing!
9. If you make your own CC, what are you most proud of? Who is your favourite creator of clothes and objects?
I mainly use mods (so many mods), have weaned myself off most CC. But I do use a bit of CC hair – Anubis is one of the best at texturing, and I also love PaintStroke’s streak retextures.
10. Tell me about some weird/special food from your region or where you grew up, or from your own family. If nothing comes to mind, what’s your favourite dish? Main course and dessert.
I’m Australia, so a good old fashioned barbecue…not so weird or special, but still great. My favourite dish varies depending on the day, but I could never go past spaghetti bolognese. I think I was Italian in a past life. Dessert, has to be a chocolate brownie and vanilla ice cream.
11. Which is the best book on the top shelf of your nearest bookcase? (if you’re at home – if you’re away, just name a good book plz).
My nearest bookcase needs a good cleaning, it’s so full of books, they’re two deep and stacked on top! My favourite books at the moment are the Newsflesh trilogy by Mira Grant; about reporters after the zombie apocalypse, where zombies are a fact of life, no longer the story.
Questions for my Nominees:
1. Would you rather have a face clone heir or a Face One heir?
2. If you could change one aspect of TS3, what would it be?
3. What is your favourite expansion pack? Why? (cliched, but a classic)
4. Who is your favourite spare in your challenge/legacy?
5. Who was the very first sim you created in CAS? Were they based on anyone?
6. If you could create a new TS3 EP, what would it be?
7. If you could only eat one food/meal for the rest of your life (assuming it could sustain you), what would it be?
8. What was your favourite childhood movie?
9. Did you play video games as a child, or only started when an adult?
10. What animal would you most want as a pet? (fantasy/extinct animals allowed!)
11. Do you believe in true love? Is there only one out there for everybody?
Posted on May 17, 2015, in Awards and Such and tagged Awards. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.
Excellent. Great answers, great nominees, great questions. *thumbs up*
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much for the nomination! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much for the nomination! It made my whole weekend!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for nominating me. Really cheered me up after a bad day at work.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I nominated you
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh sam! I am so sorry it took so long to reply to this but apparently I was no longer following you and I have no idea how that happened! 😦
I be catching up with your story now and posting my answers soon.
Thank you so much! ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
No worries, it’s probably because I keep making new blogs 😉
I ❤ you. I'm sorry I went a little silent. You're such an awesome person & Simmer.
No need to apologise, we all have RL things that take priority. ❤ you back 😀